Thursday, January 13, 2011

Post - Flood January 2011

Hello soggified fellow singers: I hope this finds everyone safe well high and dry.

There is a discussion going around the Peer Sing singing leaders about doing a joint charity concert to benefit people in our communities who have been wiped out.

We are thinking of following a similiar format to Peer Sing minus the Peer Mixup. It would occur sometime in early February so I just want to give you a heads up since it will come up pretty soon after we get together again. If you'd like to be in involved in the prep and planning you are most welcome. Just let me know as soon as you can.

There is talk of the Suncorp Plaza as being a venue but it's early days yet.

All of our groups have a few songs ready to sing plus ones in which we can get the audience to join in if that fits in with the format. So... I'm thinking repertoire: we could do 2 African ones - an upbeat one and a hymnlike one. However I'm open to suggestions.

Please let me Mal or anyone know if you need help cleaning up. There are many willing people ready and able to give a hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment